In-Vehicle Mobile Technologies to Match Your Needs
RouteMatch provides end- to- end passenger transportation technologies, offering a complete mobile data management solution with mobile data devices for automated vehicle location. These include consumer devices such as tablets and smartphones, as well as transit-specific mobile data computers.
By outfitting vehicles with GPS-enabled devices, dispatchers can easily view and locate drivers and collect trip and route data in real-time. This results in optimal dispatching and scheduling efficiency, and more effective management of on-time performance and resources.
RouteMatch works with multiple platforms and hardware, and has had plenty of experience with both straightforward and complex wireless implementations—and everything in between. Our in-house wireless team fully understands the pros and cons of the devices, and the environment in which they are best suited.
Why Ruggedized Tablets for Transit?
Cost Savings. Convenience.
Tablets offer remarkable hardware and software affordability and scalability. They cost a fraction of what traditional MDCs cost. All hardware is commercially available off the shelf, additional devices can be purchased at retail locations, and RouteMatch’s applications can be securely downloaded over the air. This means quick replacements and deployments.
The tablets come fully ruggedized through RouteMatch mounting partners such as Otterbox and RAM, and RouteMatch provides power and cabling solutions specifically designed for the rugged transit environment. RouteMatch will also work with transit agencies to find the best cellular network plans based on coverage and cost. Taking advantage of consumer technologies in transit has never been easier.
- Know where your passengers and vehicles are at any given time
- Track on time performance
- Reduce vehicle layover and non-revenue dead-head miles
- Access and update customer manifests without manual data entry
- Attain historical data of vehicle location to accurately address customer inquiries
- Improve driver and dispatcher communication
- Gain turn by turn directions/navigation
- Go paperless
- Take photos for insurance claims
- Capture odometer readings and mileage
- Capture billing information
- Pre and post vehicle inspection
Would you like to learn more about our complete, integrated wireless solutions?